Perkify - Install
Written by Rich Morin.
Precis: Perkify installation notes (general)
The Vagrant-based version of Perkify uses a hypervisor-based virtual machine (VM), provided by VirtualBox. This approach makes it relatively insensitive to differences in the host machine’s operating system. However, the installation process varies a bit between operating systems, so this page only provides general information. See below for links to the OS-specific installation pages.
The current version of Perkify should work on any host platform (e.g., personal computer) that:
- has a 64-bit AMD/Intel (x86_64) architecture
- has several GB of memory and 25 GB of free disk space
- has supported distributions from Vagrant and VirtualBox
These restrictions allow us to support most modern PCs running Linux, macOS, or Microsoft Windows. Other host platforms may be supported in the future; let us know if you have a particular host in mind.
There are several steps to Perkify’s installation process. Here is a summary; see the breakout pages for details.
- Determine the current version number for Perkify.
- Install copies of VirtualBox and Vagrant for your OS.
- Create a working directory for the Perkify installation.
- Initialize the directory and bring up a copy of Perkify.
Using one of the links below, go to the page for your host OS: